Thursday, December 27, 2007

Dec 20th 2006 Wednesday (20:22) 147

I’m where I always am at this hour, in dormitory with 35 short term soldiers and 30 something commando privates, all talking in their accents, making it harder for me to concentrate.

Tonight I wanna classify the commanders to you. I can put them in 3 categories. First one is the real dickheads who have no intelligence whatsoever, who have endless inferior complex and have this grudge against college graduate intellectual people and believe that we are not better than them because they can give us orders to do anything and insult us like an elementary school teacher, but they’re wrong, nothing can change the fact that they’re primitive bullies with big guns.

Other type is tough commanders who are real soldiers, who have been in real operations, who sometimes get tough or shout, but they don’t do it out of inferiority complex, who want to do everything right, who I respect because they have risked their lives so that we stay safely in our homes. Tough C, and our team commander are among them.

Third type is the commanders who just wanna do their jobs and get rid of us quickly without any problem. Of course, this is my favorite type.

More and more people are getting injured everyday and getting medical permission. Today was my turn, I got a sore toe on my left foot. It’s the worst kind of injury you can get here. It’s not big enough to be permitted out of marching training, yet it seriously inhibits your ability to walk.

The short term soldiers like me are seperated into 4 teams. At the beginning of today, our team was the worst marching team. Our second commander is an idiot who knows only to tell people off and talk to his cellphone while commandos train us instead of him. Today our commando trainers changed. They’re privates like we are and of course much younger than us since they’re not college graduates. They did the training today and instead of telling us off or punishing they cheered us up. We kept walking better and better. At the end of the day we came back to the ceremony field to be controlled by the head sergeants, commando privates running around their teams giving tactics and cheering up for them. At the end of the control, the head-sergeant told for the first time the worst walking team is not our team. And then the best marching team is ours. So tomorrow is a very important day because the brigade commander, a colonel, is coming to watch us, and if he says he likes our team, it will mean the rest of our recruit training will be alot easier. Therefore I will not leave my team alone. I will hope for my toe to get better and march my best no matter what happens.

No comments: