Thursday, December 27, 2007

Dec 21st 2006 Thursday 146 days to go after midnight...

(19:38) I think our march was good enough because today we didn’t march as much as we used to.

It’s a shame I don’t get to shoot the things we do and show it to you. At the end of the day, we were so tired we just stopped talking and marched as hard as we could in front of the commanders. It was nothing but darkness, the arms moving up and down and the sound of the march, rupp rupp rupp rupp... Everything else was too tired to make any sound.

Today at noon I went to the bathroom. I took off my watch and put it in my pocket, something I always do to keep it from getting wet. This time, when I took it in my hand and looked carefully, it brought back so many memories. I realised that this watch had been with me for so many years. It was with me when I was looking desperately at the girls in highschool. It was with me when I gave it to the girl I fell in love with at the 1sy year of university to try it on. It was with me when I gave it to my girlfriend in Romania and we laughed cause it was too big for her thin wrist. It was with me when I put it near he bed on the last night she and I spent together, the only sound we heard that night was its beeping every hour which felt like five minutes. It was with me when I set the alarm in a train somewhere in Romania, not to fall asleep and miss the station. It was with me when I first started aikido and the sensei told me to take it off. It was with me when I was camping high up on the mountain, sitting beside me to check the time not to be late for the hike. And it’s with me right now on my wrist, while I’m sitting on the bed in the dormitory of the military in Adana among crazy commandos who are right now beating each other for fun.

When I had a girlfriend in Romania, I used to write her letters as often as possible. Before I came here to military, one thing I was upset about was I had no girlfriend to write to, to, to share my memories and emotions. But of course, I have YOU guys. All of you. I have my friends, I have my Youtube buddies, I have my army pals who are getting more and more by day. I have my future friends, and that special girl, who I haven’t met yet. Hey, do you want me to keep writing after I’m our of the military?


No comments: